Creator of Hank D and the Bee. Environmental cartoons found in/on: Yes! magazine, PBS's Urban Conversion, Center for Media and Democracy, Greenpeace, Planetsave, NaturalPapa, Elephant Journal and more…
Follow the rest of the Hank D and the Bee series at JoeMohrToons.com. For cartoon updates and other green goings-on, follow Joe on Twitter @GreenCartoons.
– Throw away the TVs and don’t look back.That’s the first step. After the TV is gone, the rest becomes very simple.
– Get rid of the car,
– Get out of debt, take deposits out of money-center banks and finance markets. Hoarding is good.
– Pay cash for everything, no credit cards or loans. What sustains the predatory economy is credit. Ten million cuts by ordinary people and credit will die.
– Get rid of gas powered gadgets: pumps, saws, edgers, weed-whackers, mowers, hedge-trimmers,
– Get rid of gas powered toys: jet skis, snowmobiles, ‘work’ trucks (that never do any work), RVs, outboard motors, etc. If using something does not return money by its use you cannot afford to keep it. Get rid of it.
– Get rid of household electric gadgets: freezers, air conditioners, space heaters (wear long-johns), motorized toys,
– Move to an apartment or a smaller house: no McMansions or vacation ‘homes’.
Want something to do with all of your new-found time after having no more junk to tend? Learn to play a musical instrument.
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new comments via email.
Enter your email address to subscribe to Joe's cartoons and receive notifications of new cartoons by email.
Join 2,967 other followers
RSS - Posts
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.
The Suburbia Theme.
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.